Pair of Eugene Deutch Ceramic Lamps, 1949
- Pair of lamps by Eugene Deutch dated 1949. Lamps have been professionally rewired. Ceramic portion is almost 13" high. Total height from base to the top of finial is 24.5".
Eugene Deutch (1904- 1959) was influenced by such potters as Bernard Leach and Shoji Hamada as well as his friend Constantin Brancusi. He exhibited at the Syracuse Nationals in 1937, had a solo show at the Dallas Museum of Art in 1948 at the University of Chicago’s Renaissance Society in 1953; and, after his death, in a retrospective at the Art Institute in 1959. A 1983 article in American Pottery Monthly and an article in the March 20th 2013 online edition of Modern Magazine titled “When Modernism Met the Potter’s Wheel” have been instrumental in bringing his work back to the forefront of 20th Century art and studio ceramics. Today his work is owned by the University of Chicago’s Smart Museum, the Dallas Museum of Art, the Milwaukee Museum of Art, the Chicago History Museum, and the Racine Art Museum.
- Please Inquire
- Dimensions (WxDxH):
- 12.75" h, 7" diameter
- Excellent with age appropriate patina.
One of the lamps was slightly cracked and has been professionally repaired.
- Have a Question?
- Email us...